tb

Default Formula to connect cells in different worksheets?

How do i link an employee to their wage automatically? Is it possible to
enter in my employee's name and hours, and have it automatically calculate
their wage?

I have all my employees wages in another worksheet right now. At this time I
go to my job record worksheet I enter in my employee, enter the hours type
=left arrow tab to worksheet with wages and click on the employee then hit
enter, this gives me there total wage.

I am trying to see if I can program the name and wage together somehow, that
when I do type the name it calculates with the hours and gives me a total.

Gord Dibben

tb

Use the VLOOKUP Function.

Input sheet A1 you type the name(or use Data Validation drop-down list)

Input sheet B1 you type the hours.

Input sheet C1 has this formula =VLOOKUP(A1,wagesheet!$A$1:$B$20,2,FALSE)*B1

Now on wagesheet you have names in A1:A20 and wages in B1:B20

Gord Dibben Excel MVP