Jeff

Default I need help with this formula

If B2 is exactly 0.250 then C2*D2*.098*E2, and If B2 is exactly 0.375 then
C2*D2*.123*E2, and If B2 is exactly 0.500 then C2*D2*.168*E2, ect.
This fomula would be in F2.
Basicaly it's for calculating weight. B2 is thickness, C2 is width, D2 is
length, E2 is number of pieces, all this is multipied by a conversion factor
depending on thickness.
Thanks
Jeff
Max

One way ..

Set-up a table in Sheet1,
cols A and B, from row1 down:

0.25 0.098
0.375 0.123
0.5 0.168
etc

Then you could use something like this
in say, Sheet2's F2:

=C2*D2*VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet1!$A:$B,2,0)*E2

Copy F2 down

Perhaps better with an error trap to return blanks: "" instead of #NAs, try
instead in Sheet2's F2:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B2,Sheet1!$A:$A,0)),"",C2*D2*VLOOKU P(B2,Sheet1!$A:$B,2,0)*E2)

--
Rgds
Max
"Jeff" wrote in message
If B2 is exactly 0.250 then C2*D2*.098*E2, and If B2 is exactly 0.375 then
C2*D2*.123*E2, and If B2 is exactly 0.500 then C2*D2*.168*E2, ect.
This fomula would be in F2.
Basicaly it's for calculating weight. B2 is thickness, C2 is width, D2 is
length, E2 is number of pieces, all this is multipied by a conversion

factor
depending on thickness.
Thanks
Jeff

Biff

Hi!

You said "ect", so, how many are there?

The total number of conditions will determine the best
approach to a solution.

Biff

If B2 is exactly 0.250 then C2*D2*.098*E2, and If B2 is

exactly 0.375 then
C2*D2*.123*E2, and If B2 is exactly 0.500 then

C2*D2*.168*E2, ect.
This fomula would be in F2.
Basicaly it's for calculating weight. B2 is thickness,

C2 is width, D2 is
length, E2 is number of pieces, all this is multipied by

a conversion factor
depending on thickness.
Thanks
Jeff
.

Max

.. an error trap to return blanks: "" instead of #NAs

Above will cover the possibility that you may have values in col B which do
not match *exactly* with the reference values in col A in Sheet1

--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

Biff

about 40

OK, the best approach would be what Max suggested. Give it
a try and if you need more help, we're always here!

Biff

The total number of conditions will determine the best
approach to a solution.

Biff

If B2 is exactly 0.250 then C2*D2*.098*E2, and If B2

is
exactly 0.375 then
C2*D2*.123*E2, and If B2 is exactly 0.500 then

C2*D2*.168*E2, ect.
This fomula would be in F2.
Basicaly it's for calculating weight. B2 is

thickness,
C2 is width, D2 is
length, E2 is number of pieces, all this is multipied

by
a conversion factor
depending on thickness.
Thanks
Jeff
.

.

Max

You're welcome, Jeff !

I went for the jugular <g
Had anticipated that you might have quite
a fair bit of values in col B to correlate to
--
Rgds
Max