Margie

Default Excel Spreadsheet as an E-mail attachment

I use Lotus Notes for e-mail. When I try to open an excel attachment that
has been sent via e-mail, there is nothing in the spreadsheet. All that
shows is a "%" in cell 1, row 2. The tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet
simply shows a "~ 12345". I've not had this problem in the past. I have
checked the macro level; it is set at medium, so I don't know what else it
might be. I've asked the senders to resend the attachment, but the same
thing happens.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks much.
Gord Dibben

Margie

I use MS Office OutLook for email and have never used Lotus Notes.

MS Office OutLook attachments sent with RTF as format appear as gibberish when
opened in OutLook Express.

The work-around is to make sure you send in "Plain Text" format.

Don't know if there is a similar format with Lotus Notes, but.......??

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:05:05 -0800, Margie
wrote:

I use Lotus Notes for e-mail. When I try to open an excel attachment that
has been sent via e-mail, there is nothing in the spreadsheet. All that
shows is a "%" in cell 1, row 2. The tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet
simply shows a "~ 12345". I've not had this problem in the past. I have
checked the macro level; it is set at medium, so I don't know what else it
might be. I've asked the senders to resend the attachment, but the same
thing happens.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks much.

Margie

Thanks for your input, Gord. I'll see if the senders can change their format
and hope for the best. The more I think about it, the more I think it has
something to do with Notes and not the sender; I am running off a network and
it appears that there were some upgrades done to Notes over the weekend - it
may be a setting in Notes that needs to be changed. I use Outlook as an
alternate and have never had a problem receiving spreadsheets.

Will keep plugging along.

Regards.