RTP

Default Spliiting a cell

I have a column and its contents is a question which states...

What is the Cost of Superbills? Quantity of:

I would like to split this lone cell and have the quantity right next to the
question. Can I do this???
Peo Sjoblom

Make sure the column to the right is empty, then do datatext to columns,
select fixed width, click next and click where you want the split. If there
can be different strings with different lenght you can use a formula to find
for instance the question mark

=TRIM(MID(A1,FIND("?",A1)+1,255))

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"RTP" wrote:

I have a column and its contents is a question which states...

What is the Cost of Superbills? Quantity of:

I would like to split this lone cell and have the quantity right next to the
question. Can I do this???

Frank Kabel

Hi
try using 'Data - Text to columns' for this

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"RTP" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a column and its contents is a question which states...

What is the Cost of Superbills? Quantity of:

I would like to split this lone cell and have the quantity right next

to the
question. Can I do this???

RTP

I removed all arrows except for the one after Quantity of:....there is an
arrow there and it seemed to have opened up a colun with I left as General,
but it does not seem to appear on my spreadsheet.

"RTP" wrote:

I have a column and its contents is a question which states...

What is the Cost of Superbills? Quantity of:

I would like to split this lone cell and have the quantity right next to the
question. Can I do this???

Peo Sjoblom

Correct, I forgot to mention that fixed width put a line between all the
words and that you have to double click the ones you don't need, I believe
using your example you remove 3 lines before and one after the split, then
just press finish
In this case no need to go to step 3 and click next

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom