Robin

Default Switch Axes in Graph

Hi,

I need to switch the X axis categories with the Y axis numerical values in a
line graph in Excel, PowerPoint or Word. In other words, I need the words to
show up on the left and the numerical values on the bottom. Unfortunately, I
cannot use a bar graph. I cannot find a way to do this seemingly simple task
in the entire Microsoft Office suite. Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Robin

Robin

LOL. Well, I did try to rotate the graph in PowerPoint, so it would appear
that the axes were switched, but, unfortunately, the graph would not rotate.
Even if it did, the graph wouldn't look quite right. Turning the paper
sideways is my last resort :-). If you think of anything else, please let me
know.

Robin

"Robin" wrote in message

I need to switch the X axis categories with the Y axis numerical values in

line graph in Excel, PowerPoint or Word. In other words, I need the words

show up on the left and the numerical values on the bottom.

Unfortunately, I
cannot use a bar graph. I cannot find a way to do this seemingly simple

task
in the entire Microsoft Office suite. Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Robin

Andy Pope

Stephen Bullen has a an example, check FunChrt2 in the charting examples.
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm

Jon Peltier also has an example
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html

Cheers