Danny

Default Excel Macro

I need help to develop a macro for my spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel 2002. I
need it to be able to search through a set of numbers, and filter out the
rows that total the sum (within a tolerance of 50) of any given number. Any
help or solutions would be most welcome.
Frank Kabel

Hi
some questions:
- do you need all possible combinations
- do you have negative numbers
- how many values do you have

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Danny" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I need help to develop a macro for my spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel

2002. I
need it to be able to search through a set of numbers, and filter out

the
rows that total the sum (within a tolerance of 50) of any given

number. Any
help or solutions would be most welcome.

Danny

The spreadsheet does contain negative numbers. The numbers are not intergers
and i have up to 50,000 pieces of data in my spreadsheet. Any given
combination would do, however I need to know if there is more than 1
combination, and if so what and how many there are.

"Danny" wrote:

I need help to develop a macro for my spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel 2002. I
need it to be able to search through a set of numbers, and filter out the
rows that total the sum (within a tolerance of 50) of any given number. Any
help or solutions would be most welcome.

Frank Kabel

Hi
one kludgy way:
1. Copy your data to a separate sheet :-)
2. Sort your data ascending
3. Start with the first positive value and enter the following formula
in a column next to it (lets say the first positive number is in A10)
=SUM($A$10:A10)
and copy this down until you have reached your target value (+/-50)

--

"Danny" wrote:

I need help to develop a macro for my spreadsheet in Microsoft

Excel 2002. I
need it to be able to search through a set of numbers, and filter

out the
rows that total the sum (within a tolerance of 50) of any given

number. Any
help or solutions would be most welcome.

Danny

That would be possible, but i have to correlate this data to another value on
a separate spreadsheet, and doing this for each one would not be viable. Also
the nature of the data means it has to stay in the order that it has been
entered in, which leads me to the conclusion that a macro may be the only
possible solution. However i do not have the knowledge to create a macro so
complex, (well at least it is to me)! Can you help???

"Danny" wrote:

I need help to develop a macro for my spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel 2002. I
need it to be able to search through a set of numbers, and filter out the
rows that total the sum (within a tolerance of 50) of any given number. Any
help or solutions would be most welcome.

CarlosAntenna

You could add a helper column and number it consecutively, use Frank's
method, and after the rows have been identified, you could re-sort by the
helper column to restore the entry order.

Carlos