p trev

Default "Macro" not available on "Tools" Menu

I want to create and run some macros but the Macro option is not visible on
the Tools menu. The Windows installer says it is installed, but it is not
accessible. Any suggestions?

I'm running Excel 2003 for students and teachers under XP Pro...

Gord Dibben

ToolsCustomizeToolbars.

Scroll to Worksheet Menu Bar and hit "Reset".

Note: this will wipe out any customizations you may have made to this Toolbar.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 06:51:02 -0800, p trev <p
wrote:

I want to create and run some macros but the Macro option is not visible on
the Tools menu. The Windows installer says it is installed, but it is not
accessible. Any suggestions?

I'm running Excel 2003 for students and teachers under XP Pro...

Dave Peterson

And you showed all the options on that tools menu.

(If there's an arrow at the bottom of that list (under Tools), click on it to
see if Macro appears.)

If that's not it, I'd try:

Tools|customize|toolbars tab|Select the worksheet menubar
and click reset.

If the arrow thing works, you may want to show all your menus with no delay...

Tools|customize|Options Tab|check "always show full menus"

--

Dave Peterson
p trev

Thanks guys, with your guidance I managed to fudge a solution to the
problem. Although the "macros" sub-menu that I relied on in my earlier
version of Excel didn't come back automatically when I hit reset, I created
the same effect by dragging and dropping from the customise menu that you
referred me to.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated