Blackcat

Default Named Cell Ranges

I have a number of workbooks that look at a variables workbook which has a
number of named cell ranges.

I have added new lines to a particular named area and now some of the
formulae in the other workbooks don't work. I'm assuming it's to do with the
change in the named range.

I'm hoping someone can tell me it's easy to fix!

Thanks

Frank Kabel

Hi
we need your formula, your name definition, the expected result, etc
:-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Blackcat" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a number of workbooks that look at a variables workbook which

has a
number of named cell ranges.

I have added new lines to a particular named area and now some of the
formulae in the other workbooks don't work. I'm assuming it's to do

with the
change in the named range.

I'm hoping someone can tell me it's easy to fix!

Thanks

Debra Dalgleish

Did you change the range definition, to include the new rows?

Blackcat wrote:
I have a number of workbooks that look at a variables workbook which has a
number of named cell ranges.

I have added new lines to a particular named area and now some of the
formulae in the other workbooks don't work. I'm assuming it's to do with the
change in the named range.

I'm hoping someone can tell me it's easy to fix!

Thanks

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Dave Peterson

If you're working with names, get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams
and
Matthew Henson) Name Manager

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

Maybe it'll help you find out what you really changed.

Blackcat wrote:

I have a number of workbooks that look at a variables workbook which has a
number of named cell ranges.

I have added new lines to a particular named area and now some of the
formulae in the other workbooks don't work. I'm assuming it's to do with the
change in the named range.

I'm hoping someone can tell me it's easy to fix!

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson
Blackcat

Frank,

This is the formula

IF($J27="",0,VLOOKUP(Y27,'CS Salary Model
Variables.xls'!SalaryScales,8,FALSE)*VLOOKUP($J27, pensions,2,FALSE)*$F27)

The "SalaryScales" name is the problem. It looks fine. It covers the whole
area including the newly inserted parts and I can't see why the formula won't
work.

Thanks

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
we need your formula, your name definition, the expected result, etc
:-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Blackcat" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a number of workbooks that look at a variables workbook which

has a
number of named cell ranges.

I have added new lines to a particular named area and now some of the
formulae in the other workbooks don't work. I'm assuming it's to do

with the
change in the named range.

I'm hoping someone can tell me it's easy to fix!

Thanks

Blackcat

SalaryScales is $E$37:$BL$639

pensions is $A$48:$F$52

It looks like the pension name is at fault although I haven't altered that!
Could it be to do with the absolute references?

Many Thanks