Rebecca

Default Search and Replace

Hi, again (sorry!). I have locked all columns except one (for editing), and
I want to seach for something in one locked column and replace something in
another (unlocked) column. But I keep getting an error message saying I
can't do this. Why? What I want to do is lock five columns (to prevent loss
of data by accident) and replace items in the unlocked column. Frankly,
locking columns is somewhat more complicated than in Access. Could someone
please explain how to do this? Thanks.
Otto Moehrbach

Rebecca
You can't do that without code (macros). The Find - Replace feature of
Excel will find something and replace that very same something with the
Replace value. It cannot Find something in one cell and replace something
in another cell.
Post back and provide some more detail about what it is that you want to
do. HTH Otto

"Rebecca" wrote in message
No, I'm not using a macro. I'm using Excel's search and replace function.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

If you are doing this with a macro, as always, post your macro

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software