Bruce Wilson

Default Recent File List Check Box Greyed out

I am running Excel under SP3 of Office XP. The option for the recent file
list in the general tab is greyed out so I can not see any recently used
files on the menu.

What is the solution?

Bruce Wilson
Peo Sjoblom

Have you installed Powertoys or changed the registry? If you for instance
have set no recent documents under windowsstart in either powertoys for
windows or directly through the registry then you won't get any recent files
in Office either

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Bruce Wilson" wrote:

I am running Excel under SP3 of Office XP. The option for the recent file
list in the general tab is greyed out so I can not see any recently used
files on the menu.

What is the solution?

Bruce Wilson

Gord Dibben

Bruce

Are you running TweakUI?

If so, you may have disabled the MRU lists by unchecking "maintain document
history list" under the Explorer tab.

Read more here for other potential causes and fixes..........

http://groups.google.ch/groups?hl=de...%40tkmsftngp07

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:05:06 -0800, Bruce Wilson <Bruce
wrote:

I am running Excel under SP3 of Office XP. The option for the recent file
list in the general tab is greyed out so I can not see any recently used
files on the menu.

What is the solution?

Bruce Wilson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have just upgraded from 2000 to 2003. Access used to show a list of recent
files in the opening dialogue box ... now there is no dialogue box :-(
Neither is there any MRU option under the file menu ... and this is greyed
out within options.

All wisdom points to TweakUI, but the descriptions of Tweak UI given in
kb/284896 does not match my tweak UI. The knowledgebase article refers to
TweakUI 1.33 when mine is 2.10. It refers to 'Add new documents to Documents
on Start Menu check box on the IE tab' but there is no IE tab. There is an
explorer tab where 'Maintain Document History' is ticked.
The kb article also talks about NoRecentDocsHistory being set to 01 when you
click to clear, but not what it was set to before you clicked to clear.

What am I missing? I want an MRU, Access 2000 seemed to have one, Access
2003 does not. The kb artcle was aparently updated 29 Jan 2007, so should be
up to date with tweakui, and Office 2003, and IE7...

Any suggestions would be useful.

Thanks.