boilerhouse

Default insert worksheet gives me 3 duplicate sheets not one

I do insert worksheet from the Insert menu, I only have one tab highlighted
and I get 3 duplicate worksheets as opposed to an new worksheet. Also when I
open excel if get the worksheet i expect but if I open a new sheet I get one
with some spurious numbers in it. I've tried making sure that there's
nothing in XLstart or in the file line under optionsgeneralat startup, open
files in.. that's blank. So I would have thought I was back to the default
settings but this doesn't seem to be the case. I have tried doing a
re-install from the office disc and doing a check and repair but this hasn't
solve it. Any ideas? I'm using Excel 2003 part of Office 2003 professional.
Jim Rech

I've tried making sure that there's | nothing in XLstart

Yeah, a template in XLSTART is the only cause that comes to mind. There are
two XLSTARTs however, one under Documents and Settings (like C:\Documents
and Settings\<username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART) and the
other under the Office folder. Did you check both?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP