Wazooli

Default fold change lines

Is there a way to have Excel draw lines representing various fold changes on
a log scale scatter plot?
Jon Peltier

Hi Wazooli -

I don't know what a fold change is. Could you add a series for each line you need,
with data points at the endpoints of the line, and format the series as a line with
no markers?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Wazooli wrote:

Is there a way to have Excel draw lines representing various fold changes on
a log scale scatter plot?

Wazooli

If I have an array of X & Y data points, and I graph them via a scatter plot,
I will get a distribution around some regression line. If I take a line of
M=1 as my regression line, I can see that most of the dat awill fall along
this line, but there will be outliers. These can be described as fold
changes with respect to each other. A 2-fold change on a log base 10 chart
would correspond to lines drawn at y=x+0.3 & y=x-0.3. Does this help?