Christopher Kennedy

Default Optimize SumProduct

Hi,

I have a sheet with many sumproducts and it takes forever to
recalculate.

Here is the basic idea, I want to calculate the number of KGS and
Dollars for each company in my list. There are dozens of companies and
the bank of sales they are looking at has 5000 rows.

both of the calculations are essentially the same except for the final
column to sum, is there a way to check the conditions I have once, then
use that calculation for both the final sums?

here is an example of the formula for KGS:
=SUMPRODUCT(('Total Pole Sales'!$C$2:$C$5412=$A$1)*('Total Pole
Sales'!$J$2:$J$5412=2004)*('Total Pole Sales'!$E$2:$E$5412='Summary
Table'!C2)*('Total Pole Sales'!G$2:G$5412))

FOR REV: =SUMPRODUCT(('Total Pole Sales'!$C$2:$C$5412=$A$1)*('Total
Pole Sales'!$J$2:$J$5412=2004)*('Total Pole
Sales'!$E$2:$E$5412='Summary Table'!C2)*('Total Pole
Sales'!H$2:H$5412))

As you can see, they are the same except for the final argument.
Any suggestions?

thanks!

JulieD

Hi Frank

i'm interested in this but can't find Christopher's other post ..what group
was it in?

Cheers
JulieD

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
see your other post

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Christopher Kennedy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
[...]

JulieD

Hi Frank

thanks for this, i can't get that group using msnews.microsoft.com :(

Cheers
JulieD

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
Excel.worksheetfunctions

But the solution was not really a solution:
- you could gain some performance improvement by using the '--'
notation (approx. 5%)
- I'd better use a pivot table for this

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"JulieD" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

Tushar Mehta

The newsgroup is microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
[...]

JulieD

Hi Tushar

i subscribe to that group but can't see Christopher's post there so i
thought that there must be another group (although i know i don't see all
posts for some reason)

Cheers
JulieD

"Tushar Mehta" wrote in message
[...]

Tushar Mehta

It's strange you don't see all the posts. Do you have any filters that
might be affecting the displayed posts?

In any case and for what it's worth, the message id of the
worksheet.functions post is

[...]

JulieD

Hi Tushar

no idea why i don't see all posts - microsoft.public.excel groups aren't
tooo bad ... however, there's lots of times that i only see the first reply
to a post rather than the posts itself - in microsoft.public.project this
happens about 95% of the time. The only "solution" that i've come across is
to unsubscribe and then re-subscribe on a regular basis but then i lose all
my "watched" threads :(

i'm using outlook express an no, no filters / rules or anything else that i
can think of. if you have any ideas for fixing this i'ld be very interested

[...]

Tushar Mehta

Hi Julie,

Sorry, but I am not really an expert on the idiosyncracies of Outlook
Express. You might want to check if you have the latest patches for it
(I imagine you do), or check/search/ask in the NG dedicated to OE.