uriel78

Default 3d charting

I'm looking for an excel add-in that works like miner3d software (see
http://miner3d.com/products/)

I'd appreciate any suggestion...tia

Alvin Bruney [Microsoft MVP]

Here are a couple, not necessarily in order of importance.

Microsoft Office web components
..NET charting
Dundas

--
Regards
Alvin Bruney

"uriel78" wrote in message
I'm looking for an excel add-in that works like miner3d software (see
http://miner3d.com/products/)

I'd appreciate any suggestion...tia

Jon Peltier

I doubt the Office Web Components will be much improvement over Excel.

Dundas, .net Charting, and Chart FX are but a few of the many newfangled
charting systems which look pretty sexy, and can probably be integrated
into Excel with a little effort (I played with an evaluation version of
Chart FX last year and I think I remember getting it to work).

There are other possibilities, like Delta Graph, maybe Harvard Graphics,
and some of the high end statistics packages (SAS, SPSS, JMP to name a few).

This long thread from Edward Tufte's web site discusses several
packages, and all seem to compare favorably to Microsoft's offerings,
but that's the bent of the site. Excel isn't as bad as he claims;
nothing could be. But there's much room for improvement, especially in
the defaults, which lead to bad practices among less experienced users.

http://www.edwardtufte.com/bboard/q-...Ask%20E%2eT%2e

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Alvin Bruney [Microsoft MVP] wrote:

Here are a couple, not necessarily in order of importance.

Microsoft Office web components
.NET charting
Dundas

uriel78

thank you all for your answers, links and suggestions

have a nice day!