Deauxx

Default "Drawing" Toolbar is inactive

I am also having a problem with "inactive" drawing toolbar. I have tried
everything here but none of these suggestions seem to resolve the problem.
The situation is - I have a chart that I usually add some text boxes to and
draw some lines accross to show some indicators. I copied the workbok from
last quarter to begin my modifications for this quarter. But the drawing,
text boxes, and drawing toolbar didn't come over with it. Any other ideas?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sharing a workbook allows multiple users to edit it simultaneously.

If you don't need this:

Tools|share workbook|Editing tab
Uncheck that option

nosell wrote:

I haven't protected or grouped sheets, but I see "[Shared]" in the title bar.
I don't know why or how that got there. This file is not in the "Shared
Documents" file.

Other funtions are greyed out and inactive as well - such as "Protect Sheet"
and "Table" on the "Data" menu. If I open a new worksheet, everything seems
to be fine.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who replied. I'll keep looking for the solution
and will post if and when I find it.

nosell

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Have you grouped sheets?

Look for [group] in the title bar.

(If the worksheet wasn't protected.)

nosell wrote:

The drawing toolbar is visible, but the functions are not usable on a
particular worksheet. How can the toolbar be reactivated?

I am using Excel 2003 Professional
Edition

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

JulieD

Hi Deauxx

what do you mean when you say:
"But the drawing, text boxes, and drawing toolbar didn't come over with
it." - the drawing toolbar can be found under view / toolbars / drawing.

if this isn't the problem - the worksheet's not protected? the workbook's
not protected? the sheet's aren't grouped and you have not shared the
workbook?
then, how did you "copy" it ?

Cheers
JulieD