Junior Member

Default Problem with references while opening Excel from IE using UNC path

Hi,
I have an excel file whic has references to other excel files. My file has some buttons on the sheet. On clicking the button it opens a form defined in the referenced file.

this works in normal conditions. However, when I publish the file as a link on our intranet pages, and opens it from browser, the file opens but the referenced files are not opened. If I click the button, I am getting error 'Compilation error in hidden module:Sheet1'. If open the code window and see the references, everything looks good. However, it does not work till I compile my workbook code, which I canot expect the users to do it.

Another observations is that the referenced files are getting opened while closing my excel file.

Surprisingly this problem exists only with IE and it works fine with FF.

Advance thanks for help.
Best Regards,
Ramana