buckrogers

Default I need to download an exel spreadsheet file. (file extension :xls)

I have been sent a document created in exel, a spreadsheet. I cannot open it
on my pc windows xp home edition, microsoft online suggested file extension
:xls, an exel spreadsheet file. Ihave searched thier website for this
download but cannot find it. Can anyone advise me of wiere to locate this
download or how to open this file any other way ?
Frank Kabel

Hi
some ways:
1. BUY MS Excel / MS Office to open an Excel file
2. Use the free Excel viewer (search the MS site for it)
3. Download Openoffice (www.openoffice.org)

Note: Excel/Office is NOT part of Windows XP but a separate product.

"buckrogers" wrote:

I have been sent a document created in exel, a spreadsheet. I cannot open it
on my pc windows xp home edition, microsoft online suggested file extension
:xls, an exel spreadsheet file. Ihave searched thier website for this
download but cannot find it. Can anyone advise me of wiere to locate this
download or how to open this file any other way ?

Debra Dalgleish

If you need to view the Excel file, but don't need to edit it, you can
download the Excel Viewer from the Microsoft web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List