Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default How to find if workbook is being linked to

I need to make some changes to a Workbook A but don't know how many other
workbooks link to it. I'd like to open the other workbooks before I make the
changes Workbook A so the links don't get messed up.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Julie, you don't have many choices. You will need to open all workbooks
that can possible have a link to the workbook and see if they have a link to
it by selecting Edit, Links after opening a workbook. The choices are to do
manually or with a macro or add-in. If a lot of files, the second approach
is obviously easier. I know one of the products at my site can do it, the
Link Finder, http://www.add-ins.com/linkfind.htm.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
144 Dewberry Drive