Jennifer Watnemoe

Default Hyperlinks "break"

I have a problem in Excel 2000 that hyperlinks I put in work fine and then
after a period of time they stop working and I have to re-enter them.
Bill Manville

Jennifer Watnemoe wrote:
I have a problem in Excel 2000 that hyperlinks I put in work fine and then
after a period of time they stop working and I have to re-enter them.

Do you move the file around?

It sometimes helps if you put a fictitious server name in File / Properties /
Summary / Hyperlink Base (e.g. \\SomeServer\SomeFolder )
That should prevent Excel from creating hyperlinks which are relative to the
location of the workbook.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England