DJ

Default Highlight Data

I'm trying to figure out a way to create an excel formula, or vba that will
allow me to highlight rows of similar data.

For example, I have the following information:

..
..
BW404988
BW404988
M9610-3069S
M9610-3069S
M9610-3069S
BM404701
BM404701
BM404701
BM404701
..
..
so I'm wanting a formula that would highlight the first two, then not the
next three, then the next four. Does anyone know of how to do this? There
won't necessarily be this 2, 3, 4 pieces of data. I'm trying to base it off
of information found within column E.

Thanks much,
DJ

Jimbola

You need to be more specific when you say similar. You could use conditional
formatting,say for example if you wanted to highlight all the ones that were
8 characters in length
..
Highlight the data (E1:E9)
Click FormatConditional Formatting
Condition 1 = Is Formula
In the formula box type in =len(E1)=8
Then put in a format and click OK.

Post back if nessecassry if you need to clarify similiar.

"DJ" wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a way to create an excel formula, or vba that will
allow me to highlight rows of similar data.

For example, I have the following information:

.
.
BW404988
BW404988