Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Place source to drop down list in another spreadsheet

What do I do when I wan't to use validation from a list, but I do not want
the list to be visible on the spreadsheet?

If I hide the rows containing the list, the hidden values also becomes
hidden in the list.

And If I link to a source list in another spreadsheet, I get an error.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Don't hide the column with the validation list. Set the font color of the
items in that column to the same as the color of the cell. In the column the
list will be invisible, in the dropdown the list will still be visible.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200729
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Max Max is offline

And If I link to a source list in another spreadsheet, I get an error.

If you use a named range/list, you can get it to work ..

Eg, in:

DV Settings tab
----------
Allow List