Molly

Default Trouble opening second notebook

When I try to open a second notebook in Excel, I get a message saying that
Excel cannot open the notebook because here is not enough resources. My
computer is 6 months old, 515 Meg Ram and 80 G harddrive.
007

Hi Molly:

Have a look in taskmanager (ctr+alt+del) processes tab and see if you have
some process consumming most of the available CPU resources... also look
in the Performance tab in Use of the CPU.. the use should be low for a
single
active file, if it's high, have a look in start\Run\msconfig\start... here
there
should only be the antivirus active with a few programs that integrate it...
if there an unknown program active, uncheck it and see if that will improve
the
available memory. if this does work, install spyware programs and look for
parasites in your computer, these are very common these days, and it
sounds like your computer is infected. Spyware make your computer very
slow and take up most of the available RAM memory.

Hope this works for you.