Bonnie

Default Need to import to Access

Hi there. Using Office 02 on XP. Usually haunt the Access
Newsgroup area. This project will require importing data
from Excel and I want to be sure I start off on the right
foot. I have imported data before but this case is odd.

The Excel file has one worksheet and basically contains
columns of funds with rows of various return calculations
(1 yr, 3 yr, 5 yr, etc.). My problem is that the data
is 'stacked' downwards rather than just going on out to
the right. Here is an example:

A| B| C| D| E|
1| Omni Bond MnMt Intn
2|Date 02/15 02/15 02/15 02/15
3|1Yr -1.08% 3.54%-12.55% 2.31%
4|3Yr 4.65% 8.55% 8.65% -6.42%
5|
6| Fdly Drfs RBSN IBOP
7|Date 02/15 02/15 02/15 02/15
8|1Yr -1.08% 3.54%-12.55% 2.31%
9|3Yr 4.65% 8.55% 8.65% -6.42%

The sheets have 4 tiers of columns with 17 funds (Columns
E-U)(the 3rd tier only has 18 funds to Col V). There are
rates of return on rows 12, 17-20, 23, 25-27 for tier 1;
rows 38, 43-46, 49, 51-53 for tier 2; etc.

Is it better to reposition tiers 2-4 so I have one tier
only or can I/should I 'program' the import with certain
cell addresses? Can the repositioning be done by command
or must it be done manually? If by command, can you give
me an overview?

I'm not a programmer but do a little VB and event
procedure stuff in Access. Would appreciate very much any
help or advice. Thanks in advance for your time!