Paul Smith

Default Axis Labels

I am trying to chart data for each day of the week except Sunday.

I am using a stacked bar graph with volume on the y axis and the date
along the bottom.

My week runs Friday to Thursday.

My problem: In my data series I have six slots (Fri, Sat, Mon, Tue,
Wed, Thu) and these are dates. When I chart these I get a x value for
Sunday. Sunday's date is not present bit it appears.

I can only assume this is because the X Axis' scale has set itself to
days, as the A axis series are indeed dates.

How can I just chart the six days for whgich I am entering Data??????

Debra Dalgleish

To change the setting from a time-scale:

Select the chart
Choose ChartOptions
Select the Axes tab
For Category (X) axis, choose Category, click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

John Mansfield

Paul,

In addition to Debra's suggestion, you could use an array formula to exclude
any dates with zero values. If I'm interpretting correctly, the dates would
fall on Sunday in your example. The process is described he

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...o_zero_values/

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Paul Smith" wrote:

I am trying to chart data for each day of the week except Sunday.

I am using a stacked bar graph with volume on the y axis and the date
along the bottom.

My week runs Friday to Thursday.

My problem: In my data series I have six slots (Fri, Sat, Mon, Tue,
Wed, Thu) and these are dates. When I chart these I get a x value for
Sunday. Sunday's date is not present bit it appears.

I can only assume this is because the X Axis' scale has set itself to
days, as the A axis series are indeed dates.

How can I just chart the six days for whgich I am entering Data??????

Jon Peltier

But if Excel draws a time scale X axis, it will show Sunday even if
there's no data for Sunday. I suspect Paul has no Sundays in his X data
anyway, so your arrays will probably not filter the data in a helpful
manner.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP