-   -   Can I place visible text in cell that won't print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1442-can-i-place-visible-text-cell-wont-print.html)

JB

Can I place visible text in cell that won't print

Is it possible for me to place text in some cells where I can see the text
but that will not print when my sheet is printed. I am aware of the comment
feature that becomes visible when the mouse hovers over the small red
symbol. I would like to be able to see what is in the cell without having to
hover the mouse over each cell to see a comment. Is this possible? Thank
you for any direction here.

Jerry

Bob Umlas

There are a few possible solutions. One is to use the
comment as you noted, but you can have them always display
even without the mouse hovering over it by using
Tools/Options/View and select "comment & indicator".
Another is to select all the cells which you want to see
text & not print, and use Format/Style and give the style
a name, like "NoPrint". Then, right-click the excel LOGO
near the file menu, select View Code, enter this:
ActiveWorkbook.Styles("NoPrint").Font.ColorIndex = 2
Application.OnTime Now, "RestoreStyle"
End Sub
Then use Insert/Module (while in the VBE), and enter this:
Sub RestoreStyle()
ActiveWorkbook.Styles("NoPrint").Font.ColorIndex = 0
End Sub

That should do it!

Is it possible for me to place text in some cells where I

can see the text
but that will not print when my sheet is printed. I am

aware of the comment
feature that becomes visible when the mouse hovers over

the small red
symbol. I would like to be able to see what is in the

cell without having to
hover the mouse over each cell to see a comment. Is this

possible? Thank
you for any direction here.

Jerry

.

Debra Dalgleish

You can use conditional formatting to hide some cells when printing.
There are instructions he

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Print

--
Debra Dalgleish