Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default link trouble

I have a worksheet that has about 1700 links to another worksheet on it.
When the file is in use the values that are linked will not change, however
they could change over time and i want to be able to update those links as
necessary. The problem i am facing is that the sheet takes too long to
calculate. Does anyone have any ideas how i could speed this up? Is there a
way that i could turn on manual calculation and then run a macro to only
calculate unhidden cells? Any other thoughts?