MikeDb

Default Is there any specific setting for MS excel to download CSV in fin.

I am experiencing the same problem.
I have traced it to text between <.
It seems that Excel is trying to interpret this as HTML tags and failing
miserably (I don't know why it tries this interpretation on what should be a
text file).
I can open my files by replacing every < by {.

However, if a way is known to prevent this HTML parsing, then I would
gratefully receive that knowledge.

"shre" wrote:

I have set my local setting of my PC to finnish and trying to download CSV
file.
But the data is displayed in a single cell instead of splitting across
various cells.
Is there any specific setting that should be set in EXCEL to display CSV
files in the correct format?

MikeDb

Note that opening a TXT file treats each line as a separate excel line.
Therefore, if the CSV file contains filelds of multiple lines, it will not
load correctly into Excel.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
try renamin the file to *.txt and open this file in Excel.

.