robmirabile

Default How to remove a word from dictionary?

I added a mispelled word to my dictionary, how can I remove it?
crazybass2

You need to find your custom dictionary. It should be located at the
following:

Root\OS\Profiles\User_name\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof

The file is generally named custom.dic. Open the file is notepad or similar
text application. Find the word you don't want. Delete it. Save the file.
NOTE: Make sure to save the file as .dic not .txt

That should correct your problem.

I added a mispelled word to my dictionary, how can I remove it?

Earl Kiosterud

Excel shares spelling dictionaries with Word and other Office programs. If
you have Word, you can use Tools - Options - Spelling and Grammar - Custom
dictionaries. Depending on your version of Office, there are ways to go
straight to a custom dictionary and change it. It also gives the path,
which is useful for opening a dictionary with a word processor or text
editor program.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"robmirabile" wrote in message
I added a mispelled word to my dictionary, how can I remove it?

Dana DeLouis

I have office 2003. If you also have Microsoft Word, you can do the
following...

Tool | Options | Spelling & Grammar Tab | Custom Dictionaries...
Select "Custom.Dic" and click "Modify..."

Select your word from the list, and click "Delete."

HTH :)
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"robmirabile" wrote in message
I added a mispelled word to my dictionary, how can I remove it?

Rob Mirabile

Thanks to all I fixed it.

"robmirabile" wrote:

I added a mispelled word to my dictionary, how can I remove it?

Tushar Mehta

Interesting. I have 2003 (11.6113.5703) and it doesn't have a Spelling
& Grammar tab (just a Spelling tab). And, that tab doesn't have a
Custom Dictionaries... button. ;-)

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I have office 2003. If you also have Microsoft Word, you can do the
following...

Tool | Options | Spelling & Grammar Tab | Custom Dictionaries...
Select "Custom.Dic" and click "Modify..."

Select your word from the list, and click "Delete."

HTH :)

Dana DeLouis

Hi Tushar. That's strange. Under Tool | Options, I have 11 tabs.
The three tabs I have together on a row are "Security", "Spelling &
Grammar", and "Track Changes"
I searched Office Add/Remove components, but it appears to me that Spelling
& Grammar are grouped together. Hmm??
I'm sure it's a simple fix, but I can't think of it at the moment. I
couldn't find anything at Microsoft's kb site.
I know this isn't the issue, but I have Word 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1 (&
Windows XP)

--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003