ladeh57

Default more words

when i enter data into a column it only allows me so much space. how can i
increase space for more info in a column? example coloumn name is artist the
artists name is 24 letters long the column will only allow me 20 letters.
Jan Karel Pieterse

Hi Ladeh57,

how can i
increase space for more info in a column? example coloumn name is artist the
artists name is 24 letters long the column will only allow me 20 letters.

Two methods:

1. Through the menu:

Format, Column, set width or Autofit Selection

2. Using the mouse:

Place your pointer between the headers of two columns (it changes to a vertical
dash with two tiny arrows pointing left and right). Now you can drag the border
to the right to increase to width of the lefthand column, or you can double
click to force Excel to autofit the width to the contents of all cells in that
column.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP