Default How do I use a" item description" in excel to consolidate totals?

I have a inventory spreadsheet in Excel and it as about 8 columns by 47 rows
of information. I am tracking items received by date, which causes multiple
entries with the same "Item Descrption". How do I keep a running total of
any given item that has more than one entry?
Frank Kabel

Hi
not completely sure about your data layout but maybe a pivot table is
what you're looking for. Also have a look at the SUMIF function

--
Regards
Frank Kabel