Fabbe

Default replace error by value

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can change an error msg (f.e.
#DIV/O!) by any value ?

I have a formula that generates an error msg, but I want
to change it by ZERO.

Thanks,
Fabian

Frank Kabel

Hi
change your formula to something like
=IF(B1=0,0,A1/B1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Fabbe" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Can anyone tell me how I can change an error msg (f.e.
#DIV/O!) by any value ?

I have a formula that generates an error msg, but I want
to change it by ZERO.

Thanks,
Fabian

Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict)

Modify your formula to check for ERROR

Example:
=IF(ISERROR(A1/$A$20),0,A1/$A$20)

Hope this helps,
Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict)
www.TheExcelAddict.com

"Fabbe" wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can change an error msg (f.e.
#DIV/O!) by any value ?

I have a formula that generates an error msg, but I want
to change it by ZERO.

Thanks,
Fabian

it would help to know your formula.
somewhere in your formula, it is trying to devide by zero.
example. a1 = 5, b1 = 0. formula - =(a1/b1) = #Div/0
if you want a zero instead of #Div/0 use this

=if(b1=0,0,a1/b1)