FileCrazy

Default Excel automatically opens files

Upon launching excel, 10's of excel and non-excel files are opened, creating
havoc on my computer. Any suggestions.
Frank Kabel

Hi
check your XLStart folder. probably all these files are in this folder.

"FileCrazy" wrote:

Upon launching excel, 10's of excel and non-excel files are opened, creating
havoc on my computer. Any suggestions.

Lady Layla

In Excel Go to Tools Options General and clear out any location that is entered
in the box for At startup open all files in box

"FileCrazy" wrote in message
: Upon launching excel, 10's of excel and non-excel files are opened, creating
: havoc on my computer. Any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am having a similar problem, but there is no "At startup open all files
in" box under Tools Options General in my istallation of the program. I'm
running Excel 2000 (9.0.2070). Could this option be located somewhere else?

"FileCrazy" wrote in message
: Upon launching excel, 10's of excel and non-excel files are opened, creating
: havoc on my computer. Any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pam

Prior to 2002 version the term was "alternate startup file location"

Located just below "default file location" and above "username"

ToolsOptionsGeneral.

If empty, perhaps you have files in your XLSTART folder.

Search for it and remove all files except Personal.xls and BOOK.xlt or SHEET.xlt

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP