Sandra53

Default Toolbar-Task Pane 2nd request

When I open the link Templates on Microsoft.com I am at a Microsoft site
that is in Japanese. How can I change this in the default to a United States
location. I change manually but when I close program and reopen it is
pointing back to a Japanese site.

Excel Office XP 2003

garfield-n-odie

Hi, Sandra53. Second request? This is a peer-to-peer forum. The
people who answer questions here do so voluntarily. We are fellow
Microsoft Office users. We do not work for Microsoft. We are not paid
to answer your questions. More importantly, we do not owe you answers
to your questions, especially when you have NOT ONCE bothered to
acknowledge any of the replies to your previous questions. A thank you
note is probably asking too much from you, but how difficult is it to
click the Yes button in the message pane of a reply to your question?
Oh, you can't be bothered. Second request? Please hold your breath
until someone replies.

Sandra53 wrote:

When I open the link Templates on Microsoft.com I am at a Microsoft site
that is in Japanese. How can I change this in the default to a United States
location. I change manually but when I close program and reopen it is
pointing back to a Japanese site.

Excel Office XP 2003

Sandra53

To All in the peer-to-peer group:

I was NOT aware that you WERE NOT EMPLOYED by Microsoft. This was my first
time using the feature. To garfield-n-odie the second request was my way of
asking for help again just in case other requests may have taken priority. It
would be very hard to clearly discern another's intent in this type of
environment. I am glad that you are an expert in this area. If anyone other
than garfield-n-odie can assist it would be greatly appreaciated. No demands
or offense to anyone was intended.

Thank you sandra53!

I got one answer that hasn't been used yet so to send a reply would have
been premature!

Sandra53 wrote:

When I open the link Templates on Microsoft.com I am at a Microsoft site
that is in Japanese. How can I change this in the default to a United States
location. I change manually but when I close program and reopen it is
pointing back to a Japanese site.

Excel Office XP 2003

Jim Rech

Weird problem. I don't know the answer but you might check through your
browser settings. For instance in Internet Explorer that is a Languages
setting under Tools, Internet Options, General.

FYI, many people read every message posted. When a question doesn't get an
answer there can be a variety of reasons. The most common is that no one
knows what the answer is and doesn't want to take up bandwidth saying so.

Acknowledging a response ... it never hurts to say thanks and (it worked, it
didn't work, I'll try it later, etc). On the other hand, many many people
never post a reply. It could be that they got an answer elsewhere and never
came back here. Or it could be something else. Hard to say when there is
no reply. I'd say use the same manners here as you'd use in a face to face
situation.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Sandra53" wrote in message
| To All in the peer-to-peer group:
|
| I was NOT aware that you WERE NOT EMPLOYED by Microsoft. This was my first
| time using the feature. To garfield-n-odie the second request was my way
of
| asking for help again just in case other requests may have taken priority.
It
| would be very hard to clearly discern another's intent in this type of
| environment. I am glad that you are an expert in this area. If anyone
other
| than garfield-n-odie can assist it would be greatly appreaciated. No
demands
| or offense to anyone was intended.
|
| Thank you sandra53!
|
| I got one answer that hasn't been used yet so to send a reply would have
| been premature!
|
| "garfield-n-odie" wrote:
|
| Hi, Sandra53. Second request? This is a peer-to-peer forum. The
| people who answer questions here do so voluntarily. We are fellow
| Microsoft Office users. We do not work for Microsoft. We are not paid
| to answer your questions. More importantly, we do not owe you answers
| to your questions, especially when you have NOT ONCE bothered to
| acknowledge any of the replies to your previous questions. A thank you
| note is probably asking too much from you, but how difficult is it to
| click the Yes button in the message pane of a reply to your question?
| Oh, you can't be bothered. Second request? Please hold your breath
| until someone replies.
|
| Sandra53 wrote:
|
| When I open the link Templates on Microsoft.com I am at a Microsoft
site
| that is in Japanese. How can I change this in the default to a United
States
| location. I change manually but when I close program and reopen it is
| pointing back to a Japanese site.
|
| Excel Office XP 2003

Jon Harvey

As Jim said, did you try checking the settings in Internet Explorer?
I see this as an old request for help, but without any sort of yep it worked
or no it didn't I see it as an open case and people still want to help.

Jon
--
MCP
Honolulu, Hawaii