Anne

Default How to draw chat by entering equation

I am using equation very often these days. How can I draw the chat by
entering these equations(linear or non-linear)? For example, can I draw the
linear line in the xy chat by input "y=10+3x", in any environment of office?
If I can not do so in MS office, anyone know which software can help? Thank
you so much.
Tushar Mehta

(1) Put in the appropriate number of x values (2 for a linear equation)
in adjacent cells in a column. In the adjacent column, enter the
equation replacing the 'x' with the address of the cell to the left
(A2, for example). Plot the x and y values.

(2) See Stephen Bullen's ChtFrmla.zip at
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting

(3) See my Plot Manager at http://www.tushar-
mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I am using equation very often these days. How can I draw the chat by
entering these equations(linear or non-linear)? For example, can I draw the
linear line in the xy chat by input "y=10+3x", in any environment of office?
If I can not do so in MS office, anyone know which software can help? Thank
you so much.

Anne

Thank you so much for the answer. It's really helpful. Do you mind let me
know how to draw multiple equations in the same chat? For example, I want to
draw Y=400+10x + x^2, and equation y=100-10x, and equation y=10 in the same
chat. Very much appriaciate your help.

Anne

"Anne" wrote:

I am using equation very often these days. How can I draw the chat by
entering these equations(linear or non-linear)? For example, can I draw the
linear line in the xy chat by input "y=10+3x", in any environment of office?
If I can not do so in MS office, anyone know which software can help? Thank
you so much.

Jon Peltier

Anne -

You need one chart series per equation you want to draw. X and Y for the
first equation in columns A and B, for example, for the second equation
in columns C and D.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Anne" wrote:

I am using equation very often these days. How can I draw the chat by
entering these equations(linear or non-linear)? For example, can I draw the
linear line in the xy chat by input "y=10+3x", in any environment of office?
If I can not do so in MS office, anyone know which software can help? Thank
you so much.

this excel plot program does not work at all

Jon Peltier

Andrew -

And which plot program might that be?

The easiest way to plot a function is to enter X values in one column, enter a
formula in the next column that calculates Y for each X, then select the two columns
and start the chart wizard.

- Jon
-------