LSI

Default How can I automatically update stock prices?

I have a spread sheet tempate that I made where I write down my daily stock
transactions. For each position I have in inventory I show the closing
price, the quantity and the cost. I would like to be able to get or create a
function that each time I open the sheet I could login to say a MMoney file
or my broke and update the current price for each security. Does anyone do
this or know how to do it?
lsi

Don,

Thanks for the prompt answer. I found the file but in some respects I'm a
neophyte. After I downloaded it and fixed my security settings to get it I
get a visual basic error message, "run-time error 1004." Saying, "the
internet site reports that the item you requested could not be found.
(HTTP/1.0 404)"

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Lee

"Don Guillett" wrote:

goto xltradersjoin and download a couple of free files I have provided to
get info from Yahoo.

To visit your group on the web, go to:

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"LSI" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet tempate that I made where I write down my daily

stock
transactions. For each position I have in inventory I show the closing
price, the quantity and the cost. I would like to be able to get or

create a
function that each time I open the sheet I could login to say a MMoney

file
or my broke and update the current price for each security. Does anyone

do
this or know how to do it?

Don Guillett

download quotes is NOT my file and I wouldn't use that method. However, I
downloaded and changed the symbols to ibm, msft, t and it worked for me.

look for files with an author of donalb36.
GetYahooMultipleHistory97a_P.xls
Yahoo History & Graph 111 KB donaldb36
YahooMultipleQuotes.xls
YahooMultipleQuotes 41 KB donaldb36

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"lisgur" wrote in message

Quotes.XLS" I'm using office 2003.
"Don Guillett" wrote:

Which file? What did you do? etc.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"LSI" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet tempate that I made where I write down my

daily
stock
transactions. For each position I have in inventory I show the

closing
price, the quantity and the cost. I would like to be able to get

or
create a
function that each time I open the sheet I could login to say a

MMoney
file
or my broke and update the current price for each security. Does

anyone
do
this or know how to do it?

Don Guillett

glad you like it

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"LSI" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet tempate that I made where I write down

my
daily
stock
transactions. For each position I have in inventory I show

the
closing
price, the quantity and the cost. I would like to be able to

get
or
create a
function that each time I open the sheet I could login to say

MMoney
file
or my broke and update the current price for each security.

Does
anyone
do
this or know how to do it?

Don Guillett

As I said, glad you like it, BUT the other one would be better for your
ORIGINAL question.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"LSI" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet tempate that I made where I write down

my
daily
stock
transactions. For each position I have in inventory I show

the
closing
price, the quantity and the cost. I would like to be able to

get
or
create a
function that each time I open the sheet I could login to say

MMoney
file
or my broke and update the current price for each security.

Does
anyone
do
this or know how to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don,
I downloaded YahooMultipleQuotes.xls and I love it! I tried to look at the
VB code so I could see how it's working and it's password protected. Is
there any way I can look at he VB code?
Thanks

"LSI" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet tempate that I made where I write down

my
daily
stock
transactions. For each position I have in inventory I show

the
closing
price, the quantity and the cost. I would like to be able to

get
or
create a
function that each time I open the sheet I could login to say

MMoney
file
or my broke and update the current price for each security.

Does
anyone
do
this or know how to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Contact me privately at my address below

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel