flotowntiger

Default IF THEN LOGIC

Can you have a cell return a value based on another cell's input. Ex: If I
enter the year 2004 in a specific cell then I want another cell to display
the date 12/01/03 or some other date or value that I would pre-determine.
Frank Kabel

Hi
=IF(A1=2004,DATE(2003,12,1),"")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"flotowntiger" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Can you have a cell return a value based on another cell's input. Ex:

If I
enter the year 2004 in a specific cell then I want another cell to

display
the date 12/01/03 or some other date or value that I would

pre-determine.

flotowntiger

Thanks for the tip!!
What if I enter the value 2004 in a cell and I then want other cells to show
"December 2003" and/or "11/30/04" and if I change the value of the first cell
to 2005, 2006, 2007, etc. I want to show "December 2004" etc. respectively.

"flotowntiger" wrote:

Can you have a cell return a value based on another cell's input. Ex: If I
enter the year 2004 in a specific cell then I want another cell to display
the date 12/01/03 or some other date or value that I would pre-determine.

Frank Kabel

Hi
the use the formula
=IF(A1<"",DATE(A1-1,12,31),"")
and format this cell with the date format you want. e.g.
MMMM YYYY
or
MM/DD/YYYY

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"flotowntiger" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...

"flotowntiger" wrote:

Can you have a cell return a value based on another cell's input.

Ex: If I
enter the year 2004 in a specific cell then I want another cell to

display
the date 12/01/03 or some other date or value that I would

pre-determine.

JE McGimpsey

One way:

For December 2003:

A1: 2004
B1: =DATE(A1,0,1)

Format B1 with Format/Date/Number mmmm yyyy

For 11/30/04:

C1: =DATE(A1,0,0)

"flotowntiger" wrote:

Can you have a cell return a value based on another cell's input. Ex: If I
enter the year 2004 in a specific cell then I want another cell to display
the date 12/01/03 or some other date or value that I would pre-determine.

flotowntiger

I am making a mileage log for our company. In sheet 1 you must enter your
monthly ending mileage, the number of days you worked, and what year we are
currently in. I am then taking these numbers and performing calculations that
are then values in sheet 2. We usually do this report once at the end of the
year. I want to be able to enter the year (ex. 2004, 2005 etc.) in sheet 1
and based on the respective year I will get different results in sheet 2. In
one cell in sheet 2 I might want a cell to show "December 2004" while in
another cell I may want "12/01/03" while yet in another cell I may want
"11/30/04". Each cell would have a different "IF THEN FORMULA" I guess. Sheet
2 represents the form we must turn in to our company. I want to enter these
values in sheet one and they adjust according to what year it is. Even though
sheet 2 will change based on the year I enter in sheet 1, the sheet 2 cells
that I want to adjust based on the year I just entered, these cells should
adjust consistently with the respective year entered. I could send you a
printed copy in PDF format if that would help explain. Please advise.....
Thanks!