Markster

Default Workbooks...

Hello MS Excel Community.

Here's the deal...I'm trying to find a way to update cells across four
workbooks.

All of the workbooks are formatted exactly the same with the exception of the
filenames. I want to be able to open all four workbooks, some how highlight
the cell where I want to make the change, make the change once, and have the
change reflect in all of the workbooks - similar to making changes on
multiple worksheets within one worbook. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Markster
Frank Kabel

Hi
you can link three of your 4 workbooks/sheets to a master document

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Markster" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello MS Excel Community.

Here's the deal...I'm trying to find a way to update cells across

four
workbooks.

All of the workbooks are formatted exactly the same with the

exception of the
filenames. I want to be able to open all four workbooks, some how

highlight
the cell where I want to make the change, make the change once, and

have the
change reflect in all of the workbooks - similar to making changes on
multiple worksheets within one worbook. Any suggestions would be

welcome.

Markster

Markster

Hello Frank.

Thank you. I should have mentioned in my original e-mail that I am not
interested in linking or consolidating - to much effort. My thinking is that
if you can select , say, 20 worksheeets within one workbook, make a change to
one cell, and have the change made to that cell in all of the remaining 19
worksheets, that you should be able to do the same with workbooks. I'm
convinced that the gurus at MS had to contemplate such a scenario, I just
can't seem to figure out how.

Mark :)

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Frank Kabel

Hi
now you're talking about sheets within ONE single workbook. To achieve
this try:
- select / group all the sheets first (hold down the CTRL key while
selecting them)
- enter your value in a cell

--

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Markster

Frank, I only used the worksheet deal as an example. I know how to make
chnages to several worksheets at one time, challenge is how do you accomplish
when you are dealing with four workbooks, all with the same format and
same-named worksheets. Please read my post carefully.

Thnak you.

Markster
------------

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Mark E. Philpot

Yes IT IS possible but only with a macro. Send the
workbooks, or sample workbooks and info on what type of
change you want to make and how you want to make it.
Please do not generalise about the info. I am not a
clairvoyant.

See my stuff at:

http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

regards