ALAN K

Default HOW TO TRANSFER AUTOCORRECT DICTIONARY TO NEW COMPUTER??

I have spent years adding to my autocorrect dictionary in EXCEL, and would
like to transfer these 'dictionaries' from one computer (IBM) into a
diferent computer (DELL) so i do not need to recreate them!

someone said it was an .acl file extension. I searched and found MSO.ACL in
the following path in computer i want to transfer dictionary INTO (the DELL)
has two files with that name, in different subdirectories of
:
C:\program files\microsoft office\
office\ & another named MSO.ACL in
office11\1033.

Computer I wish to transf diction FROM (IBM) has MSO.ACL file in 4
subdirectories of C:\program files\microsoft office\
office10\1033
office11\1033
office11\1036
office11\3082

should i just copy the files from \1036 & \3082 into subdirectories (which I
must create as there are no \1036 or \3082 in the DELL

Gord Dibben

Alan

I have the same setup except I have 1033, 1036 and 3082 folders in Office10
and Office11.

If I make a change in the ToolsAutoCorrect Options by adding an item, the
mso.acl "last accessed" date and time changes to current on the mso.acl in
1033 folder in either version 2002 or 2003.

None of the others behave in this manner.

My conclusion........go with the mso.acl in 1033 folder.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP