buster1831

Default Copying Numerical Totals of separate worksheets to a single Summary Worksheet

I wonder if anyone can please help me.

I have a several workbooks containing 50 to 80 worksheets. Each workbook has
a summary worksheet of the numerical totals of each worksheets. Each
worksheet is named with a persons name e.g. SmithC, BlackR, HoffmanD.

I'm having to at the moment to copy the totals of each worksheet to the
summary worksheet, one by one. As you can imagine this takes time.

Is there a quicker way to do this?

Thanks,

Gerry

Wolfieinnm

buster1831 - I hope that this helps. It's not the quickest or only method,
but I know it works.

Example purposes I'll keep it simple. 1 workbook, 4 wprksheet (Apple, Beta,
Charlie, & ABC Summary) On the ABC Summary page, create a simple formula.
Lets say the total's for Apple are suppose to be in cell C2 on the ABC
Summary, Beta total in C3, Charlie total in C4 on the ABC Summary worksheet.

On the ABC Summary worksheet, in cell C2 use the " = ", minus the " "'s.
Then click on the Apple worksheet on what ever cell you have the total in for
that worksheet. Then hit "enter". Now do the same for all 50 - 80
worksheets that you have in that workbook. Now any changes that you do in any
of the worksheets, that effect the total's, will change automatically for you
in your summary worksheet. It's a pain at first, but makes it much easier in
the long run. It does work with numbers, sums, totals, results, and letters.
It's not just limited to numbers only. I truly hope that this has helped.