Default Problem with Conditional format deletion

I have the followint formula in a conditional format.
=ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL("address")))
I remember getting it from this group, it highlights the active cell in
yellow.
I cannot delete it and I believe it will not allow me to copy and paste
data about the spreadsheet.
I need to delete as I need to copy and paste more than I need the
active cell highlighted.

Frank Kabel

Hi
if you want to highlight always the active cell you need VBA. See:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM...ightActiveCell

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ps.com...
I have the followint formula in a conditional format.
=ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL("address")))
I remember getting it from this group, it highlights the active cell

in
yellow.
I cannot delete it and I believe it will not allow me to copy and

paste
data about the spreadsheet.
I need to delete as I need to copy and paste more than I need the
active cell highlighted.

David McRitchie

Hi Mark,
To delete Conditional Formatting from all cells
Ctrl+A to select all cells
Format, Conditional Format, Delete button
Delete formats 1, 2, and 3

Pasting a format into another cell will copy the
format and the conditional format is a format, so that is a way
of adding or removing conditonal formatting usually by accident.

If you want to delete some other C.F. you probably want to
select the exact same selection as when you created the C.F.
that you want to delete. Not so easy, and you may be better
off deleting all C.F. and starting over if you want some of the C.F.
---
HTH,

wrote in message ps.com...
I have the followint formula in a conditional format.
=ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL("address")))
I remember getting it from this group, it highlights the active cell in
yellow.
I cannot delete it and I believe it will not allow me to copy and paste
data about the spreadsheet.
I need to delete as I need to copy and paste more than I need the
active cell highlighted.

Thanks David, I have tried that. As soon as I select a cell after
deleteing the CF, the cell turns yellow again and all cells have the
same CF again. I cannot find any VBA to match the Chip Pearson
Highlight Active Cell VBA macro.
What do I do now??