Steve j.

Default List employees with hours worked, weekly, quarterly, and annually

I need some help!! I have been teaching myself how to use Excel, and I am
getting there. Our company has 21 employees. I have to create a listing that
will show the hours for each employee, regular, overtime and double overtime.
It has to be able to show, weekly totals, quarterly totals, and annual totals
for each employee, and a summary of the departments. I have no clue, how to
start! I am sure there are time keeping software somewhere on line, but that
would take the fun of trying to do it myself. Can someone point me in the
right direction? How do I list the employees? How can I show each employees
totals? Do I need separte worksheets for each employee? Any and all help
would be extremely appreciated.
--
Steve J
JulieD

Hi Steve

personally, i'ld set up the workbook as follows
...............A...........................B...... ........C........D............E...............F... ..................G
1..Emp First Name...Emp Last Name...Dept...Date...Reg Hrs....Ot
Hrs.......Dbl Ot Hrs

and list the information down the worksheet. I would put all employees on
one sheet.

Then to extract the weekly, monthly, annual & dept information i would use a
pivot table. Check out
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
for how to use pivot tables and what you can do with them

Cheers
JulieD

"Steve j." wrote in message
[...]

Steve j.

Julie - Thanks so much for your reply, I will be trying this this afternoon
and I will let you know how it all works! Thanks again!

Steve J

Chris Rogers

In order to report on the dates such as month or quarter, you will need
to use the group by feature in your pivot table.

Steve j.

Thanks Chris, I made a note of that. Looks like I have some work ahead of me!

"Chris Rogers" wrote:

In order to report on the dates such as month or quarter, you will need
to use the group by feature in your pivot table.

Ken Wright

Steve - Do you actually have the raw data at the moment or do you have to go
get all that? If you already have it, then as long as you can put it in the
format that Julie suggested then the Pivot Table will do this for you in a
matter of minutes, literally.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Steve j." wrote in message
[...]

Steve j.

Ken - Each week I would have to add each employees hours in. Employees are
part of a pension plan, which payment is based on hours worked. I was using
my accounting software, (Peachtree) and found it had errors in it. So, I want
to create a report that is easy to read, and that I can double check against
the Payroll module of Peachtree. The report would have to show all weeks,
which I would put in on a weekly basis. I know if I do a page for each
employee, and just enter on their pages the hours, I can do I sum total. I
would like to just enter all the hours on one page and send it directly to
the employees page. No flipping up and back.