edbianc

Default how can i add a secondary y-axis to a bar chart (not a line chart)

I can't seem to get two data series to plot on two different y-axis when
using vertical bar chart format. If I get the Y-axis to display I only get
one series of data displayed, although the scales of the y-axis are correct
for each data series. The second data series seems to be under the first when
displayed this way, but playing with the option tab settings under format
doesn't bring them out on their own!
John Mansfield

Edbianc,

Try clicking once on one of the bar series. Then, right-click on your
mouse. In the menu go to Selected Object. In the Format Data Series dialog
box, go to the Axis tab. Choose the "Plot Series on Secondary Axis" option.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"edbianc" wrote:

I can't seem to get two data series to plot on two different y-axis when
using vertical bar chart format. If I get the Y-axis to display I only get
one series of data displayed, although the scales of the y-axis are correct
for each data series. The second data series seems to be under the first when
displayed this way, but playing with the option tab settings under format
doesn't bring them out on their own!

edbianc

John, thanks. But I don't get a selection for "Selected Object" when I right
click.
Only one of the data series bars will give me an axis tab when I right
click, and both series are on top of each other.

"edbianc" wrote:

I can't seem to get two data series to plot on two different y-axis when
using vertical bar chart format. If I get the Y-axis to display I only get
one series of data displayed, although the scales of the y-axis are correct
for each data series. The second data series seems to be under the first when
displayed this way, but playing with the option tab settings under format
doesn't bring them out on their own!

Jon Peltier

I think this page might help:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...OnTwoAxes.html