Dave

Default Formulas

I'm running MS Office XP Std
My formula's in Excel are not working properly. I've done a check for
updates with office on my pc. how do I fix this?
--
Dave
Norman Jones

Hi Dave,

My formula's in Excel are not working properly

In what way are your formulae not working?

---
Regards,
Norman

"Dave" wrote in message
I'm running MS Office XP Std
My formula's in Excel are not working properly. I've done a check for
updates with office on my pc. how do I fix this?
--
Dave

Dave

All formula's adding, subtracting, dates
The spreadsheets/formulas work on other computers but not on mine.
How do I post a formula that's not working?
=(C4-B4)/0.04166667
=(today)

"Dave" wrote:

I'm running MS Office XP Std
My formula's in Excel are not working properly. I've done a check for
updates with office on my pc. how do I fix this?
--
Dave

Frank Kabel

Hi Dave
you have to describe what the result of your formula is and what result
you did expect. And also provide the values in your referenced cells.
Otherwise we can only guess WHAT is not working for you

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Dave" wrote:

I'm running MS Office XP Std
My formula's in Excel are not working properly. I've done a

check for
updates with office on my pc. how do I fix this?
--
Dave

Dave

Ok
1 + 1 is an example formula result is NOTHING
None of the formulas work.
There is NO way to post an example I see no way to attach a spreadsheet?

No matter what formula I put in it does not work. Again they work fine on
other PC's.

"Dave" wrote:

I'm running MS Office XP Std
My formula's in Excel are not working properly. I've done a

check for
updates with office on my pc. how do I fix this?
--
Dave

Gord Dibben

Dave

You still haven't shown us what is not happening for you.

Do the formulas show rather than the results?

Perhaps you have ViewFormulas checked in ToolsOptionsView?

Try hitting CRTL + `(above TAB key) to toggle on/off.

Perhaps the cells were formatted as text before you entered the formulas?

Format to General and F2 then <ENTER

Perhaps the formulas are not updating when values change?

ToolsOptionsCalculation. Check "Automatic".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Dave" wrote:

I'm running MS Office XP Std
My formula's in Excel are not working properly. I've done a check for
updates with office on my pc. how do I fix this?
--
Dave

Frank Kabel

Hi
you may email me an example file but before check 'Tools - Options -
View' and make sure 'Formulas' is unchecked

--

"Dave" wrote:

I'm running MS Office XP Std
My formula's in Excel are not working properly. I've done a

check for
updates with office on my pc. how do I fix this?
--
Dave

Gord Dibben

Dave, go back to your original thread and check agai9n.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:51:04 -0800, "Dave"
wrote:

Any ideas?

"Dave" wrote:

I'm running MS Office XP Std
My formula's in Excel are not working properly. I've done a check for
updates with office on my pc. how do I fix this?
--
Dave

Dave

Problem solved.
under tools, options, the Calculations tab it was set to manual and not
automatic.

"Dave" wrote:

what are vba Addins? "in"?