Chris Laycock

Default Unknown Object

When I hover over a point on an Excel chart a "comment-like" box pops up
to tell me information about that point such as :
1) Which Series it is from
2) Which point on that Series it is
3) The X and Y co-ordinates of that point.

Note that this is NOT the Label as it is NOT always visible.

Can anyone tell me what this Object is called and how can I
control/change the text that appears in it.

I have a With Events Chart Class and have managed to add an 'X and Y
tracker' (appearing on the Status bar) when I move my mouse around the
chart - just to give you some idea of where I'm at.

Thanks for any help that you can give

Chris

--
Chris Laycock
Chris Laycock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19996

Jon Peltier

Chris -

This is the Chart Tip, equivalent to the Tool Tip on a command bar item.
You have no easy way to access this Chart Tip.

Tushar Mehta has an add-in which allows you to define custom labels when
hovering the mouse over a chart (http://tushar-mehta.com, look for Hover
Labels).

- Jon
-------