doco

Default Axis display as category

I am desiring to display a chart with the X Axis being cards from a deck of
playing cards and Y Axis as number of times receiving these in a game.
However Excel chart insists on displaying my Ah, Kh, etc as a number 1 - 52
instead of the actual text in the column. All of the radio button
selections to format this to "category" are grayed out..ARGH!

How would one force Excel to display the actual text in the column instead
of counting numbers?

TIA

Andrea Jones

You'll have to use a line chart and format the series to remove the line.
XY scatter charts must have numeric values on both axes but you can use a
category axis with a line chart.

Andrea Jones
www.allaboutoffice.co.uk

"doco" wrote in message
I am desiring to display a chart with the X Axis being cards from a deck

of
playing cards and Y Axis as number of times receiving these in a game.
However Excel chart insists on displaying my Ah, Kh, etc as a number 1 -

52
instead of the actual text in the column. All of the radio button
selections to format this to "category" are grayed out..ARGH!

How would one force Excel to display the actual text in the column

instead
of counting numbers?

TIA

Barb Reinhardt