Nilroc

Default inserting nested subtotals in excel

when inserting nested subtotals in the same excel file the last ones per
outer subtotal are either above or below the outer total, even that I have
checked "summary below data"
Dave Peterson

Maybe...

Multilevel subtotals are in the wrong position in Excel 2002 and Excel 2003

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Cristofski

I have seen this same problem and applied this suggestion. However, this
suggestion doesn't fix the issue. I have been seeing a flurry of issues
relating to standard configuration options in excel since upgrading to Office
2003. One difference that I'm seeing in some of the posts I've found online
is that we are Using Office 2003 sp2. It sounds like some of these issues
were addressed in sp1, but have the possibly moved back with sp2?

Nilroc wrote:

when inserting nested subtotals in the same excel file the last ones per
outer subtotal are either above or below the outer total, even that I have
checked "summary below data"

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson

I use xl2003 SP2 (currently).

I changed the registry (in plain old xl2003, IIRC) and never had a problem.

Nilroc wrote:

when inserting nested subtotals in the same excel file the last ones per
outer subtotal are either above or below the outer total, even that I have
checked "summary below data"

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Thanks for posting back.

There have been a couple of people in the last few days that tried this and it
didn't work. (I have no idea why not. But I'm glad it worked for you.)

Nilroc wrote:

when inserting nested subtotals in the same excel file the last ones per
outer subtotal are either above or below the outer total, even that I have
checked "summary below data"

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi Dave!

At first this didn't work for me, but then I went back into the Registry and
double-checked that the number in the "Modify" box was actually '1'. For
some reason even though I'd clicked OK when I did it the first time it was
'0'. Once this number was '1' it fixed the problem!

Thought you might be able to pass that onto other people - maybe that's why
it didn't work for them.

Thanks so much for your help, saved HEAPS of frustration.

Clair