Jenna

Default outside border

Hi
I'm trying to put an outside border of each cell that I select however I'm
trying to do that it only puts the border on the highlight cells on each
individual selected cell. But I want to do that, how?

Thanks
Nick B

Not sure what you are trying to do. If you select a range of cells (i.e.
A1:B2) and click on the drop-down arrow next to the Borders button in the
Formatting Toolbar, you will have several options. One is "All Borders",
which will put a border around EACH cell in the selected Range -- A1, A2, B1,
and B2 will all have a border. Other option is "Outside Borders", which will
put a border ONLY around the outside of the cells currently selecte -- so the
tops of A1 and B1 will have a line, rights of B1 and B2, bottoms of A2 and
B2, and the lefts of A1 and A2 will have lines.

(You can also do this via Format-Cells, Border Tab.)

Hope this helps a little.