Charles

Default Recode Varialbe Values

Hi All:

I am wondering if it is possible to change the variable values. Suppose I
have a variable Term which has value labels like, 1-Sep-99, 1-Feb-00,
1-Sep-00, 1-Feb-01, etc. Is there is any way I can recode recode 1-Sep-99 to
Fall-99, 1-Feb-00 to Spr-00, etc. Suppose I don't want to do copy and paste
to change these value labels and want to have some arguments to change the
value labels for this variable Term. Thanks.

Charles
Frank Kabel

No
really sure what you mean with 'recode'. What labels do you mean?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Charles" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi All:

I am wondering if it is possible to change the variable values.

Suppose I
have a variable Term which has value labels like, 1-Sep-99, 1-Feb-00,
1-Sep-00, 1-Feb-01, etc. Is there is any way I can recode recode

1-Sep-99 to
Fall-99, 1-Feb-00 to Spr-00, etc. Suppose I don't want to do copy and

paste
to change these value labels and want to have some arguments to

change the
value labels for this variable Term. Thanks.

Charles

Charles

Hi Frank:

Thanks for your reply.

I mean if we can change 1-Sep-00 to Fall-00 using some arguments rather than
manually change it.

Charles

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Frank Kabel

Hi
you have to explain WHERe you use this. What you're trying to achieve.
Do youn want a VBA solution?. If yes, post your current code

--

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson

How about using a helper cell with a formula like:

=CHOOSE(1+INT(B1/3)-4*(MONTH(A1)=12),"Winter","Spring","Summer","Fall" )
&"-"&TEXT(A1,"yy")

(all one cell)

But Dec-04, Jan-05, Feb-05 will look like:
Winter-04, Winter-05, Winter-05

Is that ok?

If Dec-04 should show as Winter-2005, then try this:

=CHOOSE(1+INT(B12/3)-4*(MONTH(A12)=12),"Winter","Spring","Summer","Fall ")
&"-"&TEXT(DATE(YEAR(A12)+(MONTH(A12)=12),1,1),"yy ")

(still all one cell)