Paul Smith

Default CopyPicture ?????

What on earth is happening with th code below??????

The code works fine, copying a chartobject and pasting it into a new
location. The problem is that while the chart area is the same size, only
two thirds of the image is copied.

I will say that I have stretched the plot area of the original, it itself
does not behave strangely.

I have no idea what the problem is, does any one else?

Code Snippet:
ThisWorkbook.Activate

Worksheets("Summary").Activate

Range("A30").Select

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("First Chart").CopyPicture xlScreen, xlBitmap

Workbooks(TargetWB).Activate

Worksheets("Summary").Activate

Range("A31").Select

ActiveSheet.Paste

John Mansfield

Paul, would this revision work for you? It assumes you don't need the
reference to the .bmp file to copy the pictu

Sub CopyChart()
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("First Chart").Activate
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
ActiveChart.CopyPicture Appearance:=xlPrinter, Size:=xlScreen, Format:= _
xlPicture
Range("A31").Select
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Paste.Select
End Sub

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Paul Smith" wrote:

What on earth is happening with th code below??????

The code works fine, copying a chartobject and pasting it into a new
location. The problem is that while the chart area is the same size, only
two thirds of the image is copied.

I will say that I have stretched the plot area of the original, it itself
does not behave strangely.

I have no idea what the problem is, does any one else?

Code Snippet:
ThisWorkbook.Activate

Worksheets("Summary").Activate

Range("A30").Select

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("First Chart").CopyPicture xlScreen, xlBitmap

Workbooks(TargetWB).Activate

Worksheets("Summary").Activate

Range("A31").Select

ActiveSheet.Paste

Paul Smith

John,

Thanks for your suggestion but it makes no difference.

The problem seems to be when the charts is stretched wider than a certain
ratio of the original.

This problem is very very frustrating, so if anyone else has any solution
please let me know.

Paul Smith

_

"Paul Smith" wrote:

What on earth is happening with th code below??????

The code works fine, copying a chartobject and pasting it into a new
location. The problem is that while the chart area is the same size,
only
two thirds of the image is copied.

I will say that I have stretched the plot area of the original, it itself
does not behave strangely.

I have no idea what the problem is, does any one else?

Code Snippet:
ThisWorkbook.Activate

Worksheets("Summary").Activate

Range("A30").Select

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("First Chart").CopyPicture xlScreen, xlBitmap

Workbooks(TargetWB).Activate

Worksheets("Summary").Activate

Range("A31").Select

ActiveSheet.Paste

Jon Peltier

Paul -

The PowerPoint FAQ calls it a problem when Excel content is pasted into
PowerPoint, but I think it can happen just in Excel. This page has some
info about it:

http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00068.htm

- Jon
-------