TDI-GUY

Default calculating course fees

Hello from Ottawa Canada.

Simply put, i've never used excel before. I'm trying to simplify a web page
to calculate the price changes

http://www.cpc.gc.ca/courses/fee_c45_e.htm

The prices for the meals and lodging often change and i have to make the
changes manually and as you can see it's a big page. I have four like that.

I want to have a template that let's me set the price for the meals and
lodging and to have the changes recalculated depending on how many days
accomodation the course is plus tuition.

Hope this is understandable

thanks
Tushar Mehta

Put the raw data and calculations in one worksheet. Put the formatted=20
results in another worksheet. Export the 2nd worksheet as a web page.

Suppose the raw data are laid out as:
A1:Courses
B1:Course Abbreviation
C1:Number of Days Training
D1:Tuition
E1:Number of Days Accommodation
F1:Lodgings
G1:Meals
H1:Total Cost
F2:65
G2: 30.3
Then, the following are sample records (note the alignment after=20
posting may be out-of-whack) starting with row 3:
Advanced Forensic Digital Imaging=09ADIGIM=095=09250=095=09325
=09151.5=09726.5
Advanced Friction Ridge Analysis=09ARIDGE=095=09250=095=09325
=09151.5=09726.5
Advanced Vehicle Theft Investigative Techniques=09AVTITC=0910=09500
=0912=09780=09363.6=091643.6
Criminal Intelligence Analysis=A0-Distance Learning=09DCIAC=09*DL=09200
=09DL=090=090=09200
The last 3 cells in each row (F3, G3, and H3 for example) are=20
calculated as
=3DIF(ISNUMBER($E3),F$2*$E3,0)
=3DIF(ISNUMBER($E3),G$2*$E3,0) and
=3DD3+F3+G3

Suppose the above sheet is named Sheet1. Then, on another sheet, put=20
the headings as appropriate. Make sure the cells in column A have the=20
proper hyperlinks. Then, enter the formulas
C3:=3D"Days Training " &Sheet1!C3
D3:=3D"Tuition "&TEXT(Sheet1!D3,"$#,##0.00")
E3: =3D"Days Accomm. " &Sheet1!E3
F3:=3D"Lodgings "&TEXT(Sheet1!F3,"$#,##0.00")
G3:=3D"Meals "&TEXT(Sheet1!G3,"$#,##0.00")
H3:=3D"Total Cost "&TEXT(Sheet1!H3,"$#,##0.00")

Copy C3:H3 as far down the rows as needed.
Export the contents of this 2nd sheet to a web page.

--=20
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article , TDI-
says...
Hello from Ottawa Canada.
=20
Simply put, i've never used excel before. I'm trying to simplify a web p=

age=20